403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
Follow us:
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

September 12, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Cigarette blamed in fire at Mountlake Terrace apartments

MOUNTLAKE TERRACE (AP) — A fire department spokeswoman says a fire likely caused by a smoldering cigarette butt has displaced 25 people and caused more than $500,000 damage at a Mountlake Terrace apartment complex.

Snohomish County Fire District 1 spokeswoman Leslie Hynes said flames were coming from three apartments in a three-story, 24-unit building at the Taluswood Apartments when firefighters arrived Friday morning.

No people were hurt. Firefighters administered oxygen to one dog rescued from an apartment heavily damaged by the fire.

Two other units sustained smoke and water damage while residents of seven other units were displaced because the fire cut off their electricity.

About 45 firefighters from several departments responded to the two-alarm fire, which was ruled accidental.

An American Red Cross chapter is helping the displaced residents.

Comments

COMMENTS

No personal attacks or insults, no hate speech, no profanity. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate this thread by reporting any abuse. See our Commenting FAQ.



The opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the author only, and do not reflect the opinions of The Seattle Times.


403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx