The Associated Press
TIGARD, Ore. — Police say two men were injured in a blast in the restroom of a Tigard service station where they were trying to make hash oil from marijuana and butane used in the process exploded.
The two Tigard men — 18 and 23 years old — took themselves to Providence St. Vincent Medical Center early Sunday. They were transported to the Legacy Oregon Burn Center.
Firefighters with Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue put out a small fire in the ceiling. Smoke had spread to the food mart.
Officers and firefighters say the men were trying to produce hash oil when a heat gun ignited butane.
The Washington County district attorney’s office will decide whether the two will be charged.