OLYMPIA — The state Health Department says the risk of Ebola in Washington is low, but eight hospitals are preparing to care for Ebola patients if needed.
The hospitals following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines are:
- Franciscan Health Harrison Medical Center, Bremerton
- MultiCare Tacoma General Hospital
- Providence Regional Medical Center, Everett
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and Children’s Hospital, Spokane
- Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Swedish Medical Center, Issaquah
- Virginia Mason Hospital, Seattle
- UW Medicine, Seattle (Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center, Valley Medical Center)
In addition, all hospitals across Washington should be ready to identify and initially care for a possible Ebola patient.