TACOMA — A house fire in Tacoma that seriously injured a man was reportedly started by an e-cigarette explosion.
Fire Battalion Chief Dave McRoberts says the cause remains under investigation but a woman said her electronic cigarette exploded, spilling liquid that set a couch on fire.
The News Tribune reports firefighters rescued a man from inside the burning house Tuesday afternoon. He was taken to a hospital with burns and smoke inhalation.
There were five people in the house, which had been converted to six apartments.
Firefighters helped two residents off the roof and two others escaped on their own.