403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
Follow us:
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

November 18, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Food left unattended on stove blamed in Edmonds house fire

The Associated Press

EDMONDS — A fire department spokeswoman says food left cooking unattended on a stovetop is being blamed for a fire that caused $400,000 damage, destroying a home in Edmonds and displacing the couple who live there.

Snohomish County Fire District 1 spokeswoman Leslie Hynes said a man and his dog were inside when the fire started Tuesday afternoon but both got out safely. The man’s wife was at work.

Hynes says the homeowners have insurance.

The spokeswoman says the National Fire Protection Association lists cooking as the leading cause of home fires.

Comments | More in General news, The Blotter

COMMENTS

No personal attacks or insults, no hate speech, no profanity. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate this thread by reporting any abuse. See our Commenting FAQ.



The opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the author only, and do not reflect the opinions of The Seattle Times.


403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx