Many celebrations honoring Veterans took place over the weekend, but there are still some special happenings around town, including free admission to all of the state parks.
Photos and video: Ceremony at Veterans Memorial Cemetery
Read more about veterans: Classrooms are the new front lines for post-9/11 veterans. The number of veterans on Washington’s college campuses have increased dramatically in recent years.
Here’s a list of what’s open and closed Tuesday for Veterans Day:
• On-street parking is free in Seattle.
• In Seattle and Bellevue, garbage, food and yard waste, and recycling will be picked up on the regular schedule.
• Most major banks and credit unions are closed.
• All U.S. post offices are closed.
• Seattle Parks and Recreation community centers and pools are closed.
• King County Metro Transit bus routes are operating on reduced weekday schedules, with no UW schedules. Customer service is closed. http://metro.kingcounty.gov/
• Seattle, King County, Sno-Isle and Pierce County libraries are closed.
• Most public school districts, including Seattle, Northshore, Kent and Edmonds are closed.
• Community, Sound and Everett transit buses are operating on regular weekday schedules. http://www.communitytransit.org/
• Pierce Transit buses and shuttles are operating on weekday schedules. http://www.piercetransit.org/
• Kitsap Transit is operating on regular weekday schedules but with limited routes serving the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. http://www.kitsaptransit.com/
• Washington State Ferries is operating on a regular schedule: http://www.wsdot.com/ferries/