UPDATED at 11 a.m. with number of fires clarified.
Renton fire officials said that a fire in a vacant house Wednesday night has been ruled an arson. Chad Michael, Renton’s deputy fire chief, said the fire that engulfed one of the three homes on the property at 18215 140th Avenue Southeast was started in a mattress.
One firefighter suffered minor injuries while setting up the water supply for the response efforts, Michael said. He was transported to a local hospital, treated and released. The crews of four engines, two aid units and one ladder truck helped extinguish the blazes.
Michael said the department has responded to two previous fires at the same property over the past couple of months, adding to concerns about arson. He said there is a reward for information leading to an arrest and urged anyone with any knowledge of the incidents to call the King County Fire Marshall’s office at 206-296-6600.