403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
Follow us:
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx

The Today File

Your guide to the latest news from around the Northwest

January 12, 2015 at 8:00 AM

Candle sets fire at Portland State University residence hall

The Associated Press

PORTLAND — Portland Fire and Rescue says a fire at a Portland State University residence hall was started by a candle left burning in a kitchen.

The fire early Sunday forced students to evacuate the Goose Hollow Residence Hall.

KPTV reports the sprinkler system prevented the fire from spreading beyond an 11th-floor apartment until firefighters arrived at the 16-story building.

The resident of the apartment was sleeping but heard the fire alarm and safely escaped.

Building management found temporary housing for residents of some apartments that were damaged by smoke and water.

Comments | More in The Blotter | Topics: candle, fire, Portland State University

COMMENTS

No personal attacks or insults, no hate speech, no profanity. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate this thread by reporting any abuse. See our Commenting FAQ.



The opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the author only, and do not reflect the opinions of The Seattle Times.


403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx
403 Forbidden

403 Forbidden


nginx