The Associated Press
SPOKANE, Wash. — Investigators believe a house fire that killed two people in Spokane started accidentally.
They haven’t said specifically how the fire started Saturday morning but it quickly killed a man and woman in an upstairs bedroom.
Fire Chief Bobby Williams told KXLY the fire “flashed over” and ignited everything in the room. The man died at the scene and 38-year-old Stacy Haines died at a hospital of smoke inhalation.
Four other people escaped the fire. Firefighters found no smoke detectors in the house.