Passenger train service between Seattle and Everett has been suspended until Thursday afternoon because of a mudslide on the tracks, according to BNSF Railway.
A mudslide blocked the tracks south of Everett on a 75 foot slope, according to BNSF spokesman Gus Melonas. The slide debris is 3 feet deep and 20 feet long.
This is the fourth slide in the area between Seattle and Everett since Friday, Melonas said.
Sound Transit will provide extra buses Tuesday evening for commuters:
Seattle – Edmonds
- A Starline bus will pre-board at 5th Ave S. and Weller St. The bus will arrive at 4th Ave S. and S. Jackson St. for regular boarding and departure at 4:05 pm to Edmonds.
Seattle – Everett
- A Starline bus will pre-board at 5th Ave S. and Weller St. The bus will arrive at 4th Ave S. and S. Jackson St. for regular boarding and departure at 4:20 pm to Everett.
Regularly scheduled evening bus service options are listed below:
- Take Community Transit Route 416 at 5th Ave & James St. at 3:57 pm, 4:27 pm, 4:58 pm, 5:31 pm and 5:57 pm
- Take Community Transit Route 417 at 4th Ave & S. Jackson St. at 3:09 pm, 3:59 pm, 4:22 pm, 4:50 p.m., 5:30 pm and 6:00 pm
- Take ST Express Route 510 at 4th Ave. & S. Jackson St. departing approximately every 10-15 minutes.
Edmonds – Mukilteo:
- Take Community Transit 116 to Lynnwood Transit Center
- Transfer to Community Transit 113
Edmonds – Everett:
- Take Community Transit 116 to Ash Way P&R
- Transfer to ST Express 532
Mukilteo – Everett
- Take Everett Transit 18 at Hwy 525 & Front St.