Topic: densmore avenue north
You are viewing the most recent posts on this topic.
August 13, 2013 at 8:58 PM
UPDATE: 9:35 p.m. | The fire at a North Seattle house Tuesday night was determined to be accidental, caused by an overheated electrical socket, a fire department spokesman said.
A family was barbecuing in the backyard at the time saw smoke and fire coming from an attic that had been converted into a bedroom. Firefighters called to the scene extinguished the flame in about 15 minutes, said the spokesman, Kyle Moore.
The flame caused $30,000 in damage to the house and another $15,000 to its contents, Moore said, and the husband, wife and child who live there will spend the night with a relative who picked them up from the house.
ORIGINAL POST | Seattle firefighters extinguished and are now investigating a fire at a home at 13515 Densmore Avenue North in North Seattle Tuesday night. No one was harmed, according to a fire department tweet.
More details will be added as they become available.
About The Today File
The Today File is a general news blog featuring real-time coverage of Seattle and the Northwest. It is reported by the news staff of The Seattle Times and edited by Assistant Metro Editor Nick Provenza.
Trending with readers