The Associated Press WINSTON, Ore. — Seven students from Douglas High School in Winston were treated at a hospital Thursday for overdosing on drugs one of them brought from home. Police tell KVAL-TV in Eugene that seven boys took a mixture of cough syrup, sleeping pills and seizure medication. Fire department emergency crews responded to the school. The students…More
You are viewing the most recent posts on this topic.
The Associated Press LOUISVILLE, Ky. — A coroner says a drug overdose caused the death of a University of Louisville cheerleader in July. Jefferson County Coroner Barbara Weakley-Jones told The Courier-Journal that 22-year-old Danielle Cogswell died of an overdose of heroin, amphetamines and Xanax. University sports information director Kenny Klein said cheerleaders will now be required to undergo the…More
The death of a 3-year-old boy in Renton in May was due to an overdose of methadone, according to the King County Medical Examiner’s Office. Kaiden Acord was found unresponsive on May 1 in a Renton home belonging to his mother’s boyfriend, Renton police spokeswoman Terri Vickers said. The owner of the methadone willingly came forward to police, Vickers…More
The Associated Press PORTLAND — A state report shows methamphetamine-related deaths in Oregon up by almost a third. The 2013 statistics released Thursday show 222 drug-related deaths overall — one fewer than the year before. It said 123 of the deaths were meth-related, the highest number since 2000. State Medical Examiner Dr. Karen Gunson says the majority of…More
By DOUG ESSER Associated Press UPDATE: 12 p.m. | One man died and dozens of people were treated after overdosing on a drug called Molly at a weekend music festival at the Gorge Amphitheatre in central Washington, authorities said. More than 25,000 people attended the sold-out, two-day Paradiso Festival, which features dozens of electronic music performances. An autopsy was scheduled…More